Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Another game commented - Game #11

[rant] I think I may need to come up with some other way to label the games. It is pretty tough to know how many games you have played on KGS if you use any level of qualification around it. Do you count a game where your opponent escapes after 10 moves? What about a free 9x9 against a player that just started (a true 30k)? A teaching game? All these show up as games played on KGS, but not all games provide a player with learning opportunities. [/rant]

I think the game I labeled Game #11 is a close enough match that it is interesting. I put a comment on every move and I hope I captured the thinking process and vision I had of what was going on. With any luck I will get stronger. Then, I hope when I look back on this game (and other commented games) I will understand what important things I am currently blind to. If that understanding can be put into words I will have some insights to share.

Seems a reasonably modest goal...until I realize that the game has been played for 3000 years! Why do I think I can explain the steps needed to advance better than all the other players and teachers before me? I'm not sure why I think I can, or why that seems motivating. But I am motivated to try and I do think - in some small way - I can be successful.

No comments: