Monday, April 21, 2008

Some "noise" in my planned games

I looked to play another rated game recently and try to get rid of my KGS question mark. When I logged on there were no players I could find in the 20 kyu - 30 kyu skill range. I put up a game and was challenged by a 4 kyu. Even though he gave me 4 stones it wasn't much of a battle.

Then I played another rated game against a '?' player and was losing. My opponent chose to escape rather than finish the game. I have looked him up since and see that his rating has started to stabilize at around 13k. So, I have yet to win a rated game, and my KGS graph looks like this:


(How do you get a graph with 8 points when you have only played 3 rated games - one which was escaped by a ? player...riddle me that!)

My ego is having a hard time believing I am a 27k, but I need to win a game before I can say anything. Hopefully there will be some 20k-ish folks on next time I go to play.

My attempt at a perfectly controlled science experiment has been foiled! Hehe. I won't get to choose exactly what skill level my opponents will be and my attempt to play 100 more-or-less even games in a row isn't going to happen as I envisioned it. I still feel that I can proceed with the general goal, so I will. So, bottom line is that I am not counting either my loss to the 4k or the unfinished game as "Game #4". I will try to get in games 4 and 5 soon.

No comments: