Thursday, April 3, 2008

Introduction

One GO proverb for beginners is "Lose Your First 100 Games As Quickly As Possible". My goal with this blog is to play and comment on my first 100 games on KGS. I will then look to have some of them reviewed by a stronger player. (The "prime" games...2, 3, 5, 7, 11, etc.)

My hope is that I can capture many of the early insights into playing the game better in posts on this blog. With any luck, the insights that help me get better will help other players new to GO. In the long term I hope my skill increases enough that I can act as the teacher for others.

May my losses be your gains,

Vultur


Disclaimer: I started playing GO in early 2008. The 100 games I intend to capture are my first one hundred 19x19 games against real opponents. I have played a bunch of 9x9 against computer opponents Igowin and GnuGo. I have worked through a few hundred problems at goproblems.com so I am not a complete beginner.



No comments: