Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Ko - still don't feel ready to post about

I have had games where there are kos. I have filled them or lost them. But I have never had a game where a group's life or the score of the game depended on winning a ko. I also haven't read up on it in any spot that makes me feel like I can talk on the subject with any kind of authority.

So, I am not forgetting about the subject, I just don't really have any good advise yet.

I need to find a game where a ko makes a life and death difference, and another where the score depends on winning a ko. Those examples should be instructive.

The other piece of the puzzle is "ko threats". To win a ko, you have to have more ko threats than your opponent. As I understand it, a ko threat is a move that (if unanswered) will hurt more for your opponent than losing the ko.

So stay tuned for more detail on ko, ko threats, etc. I will post that in another thread when I understand it better.

No comments: