Monday, March 23, 2009

Driving toward SDK

My most recent OGS ladder and OGS tournament games have matched me up with a 15k, a 9k, a 19k and a 12k. I won all 4 of those games! Woot! My rank is up to 11.9k. I went 4-2 in the 1st round of the tourney and I've jumped 112 rungs up the ladder to 76th place!

It feels good, but I think I am due for a butt kicking or 2 soon. I wouldn't be surprised to see my rank fall a bit, but I really think I am on a good path to help me improve.

I may just have to comment up the game I won against the 9k. It was a lot of fun. So was the 12k game. It sure would be nice to have some face to face games as well...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am looking forward to read your insights about our game (I am the 9k from ogs).
BTW a little "thank you for the game" - message is a decent thing to do, even on turn based servers...

Vultur said...

Hi ferl - I thought I did send you a thank you. I just went to OGS and I'm guessing I tried to send a message without a subject - maybe that gets rejected?
In any case, thanks for a great game! I think I was very lucky that I didn't have to fight the ko with you in the upper right. My whole right side was a stone or 2 from death.
I will try to post the game - not sure I will have any insights though. Probably more of a "play by play" for beginners to help them see what I thought was happening.
Thanks again!!

Andrew said...

Are you still playing? I've been slowly going through your blog (in chronological order) but notice you haven't posted anything new recently.

It's been great to see your learning process as I'm going through and learning how to play myself.

Vultur said...

Andrew - Yes! I am still playing, you can see most of my efforts these days at OGS (as Vultur). I am in the process of looking for a job and moving across the country, so I haven't taken the time to post as I should.
I am in Seattle for an interview, so if I get a chance I will try to take some photos of the Seattle Go Center and post them.
I do have some more ideas for posts as well that I will get to as soon as i can! :)